This gut healing recipe will not only taste amazing but leaving your insides all warm and fuzzy.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 60ml olive oil
- 125ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- zest from the two lemons
- 1 handful oregano, chopped
- pepper & salt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1.5cups of bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 ripe figs
- Pairs well with green beans and roast potatoes
- Place the chicken in a deep oven proof dish
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice, zest, garlic and oregano. Season with pepper and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When ready preheat the oven the oven to 180 degrees.
- Scatter the onion around the chicken. Pour in the bone broth, vinegar and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Cook uncovered for 50mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the figs in the final 15mins.
- Once everything is cooked, remove the chicken and the figs and place the liquid in a saucepan and reduce over a medium heat. After 3-4mins it should be done and ready to pour over the chicken and ready to serve.
CALORIES PER SERVE = 264