This recipe will most definitely help you get your protein up as well as become a family favourite.
- 500g lamb mince
- 500g pork mince
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 1/2tsp ground allspice
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp garlic, minced
- 1 large handful of flat leaf parsley
- olive oil for frying
- 1L bone broth
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 180ml coconut cream
- 2tbs water
- 40g arrowroot flour
- 2tsp tamari sauce
- 2tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed
- Make the meatballs. Combine everything in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape them into 16 golf ball sized balls and place on a plate with paper towel on it and refrigerate for 20mins before cooking.
- Add the olive oil to cover the based of your fry pan.
- Cook the meatballs in batches for 4-5mins. Turning often.
- Once completed, put on a tray and set aside.
- Now for the sauce. In the same pan with all the “bits” leftover from the meatballs add the broth and thyme and bring it to a simmer for 10-15mins.
- It should reduce by half.
- Pour in coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the lemon juice, water, arrowroot, tamari and apple cider vinegar.
- Gradually pour into the mixture of the hot stock. whisking continuously.
- Simmer for another 2mins. Remove and season with more thyme and pepper and salt.
- Add parsley and sweet potato mash with green beans. BLISS!
MACRONUTRIENTS PER SERVE = 299