Sounds fancy I know, but it is very easy and achievable for anyone!
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 2 duck breasts
- Choice of green vegetables on the side (I used Brussel sprouts with slithered almond, balsamic glaze and cranberries)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan forced .
- For the duck, mix the honey, soy, rice wine and vinegar in a small bowl. Slash the skin of the duck breasts and season with salt, pepper and the five-spice powder.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan and cook the duck, skin-side down, for 5 mins until golden. Flip over, baste with the honey and soy mix, then put the pan in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning the breasts a couple of times to glaze the skin.
- Leave the duck in the pan to rest.
CALORIES PER SERVE = 452