One a penny, two a penny, wholesome hot cross buns 🐰 can you believe it is that time of year again!?
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3tbs golden flaxseed meal
- 3tbs GF baking powder
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk – or your choice of milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 cup chocolate drops – I used Sweet (William dairy free)
- Preheat oven at 160* fan forced
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients and with a spatula gently fold through the wet ingredients
- Mix until a sticky dough forms and than set aside for 10mins with a damp tea towel over the bowl
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Add your chocolate drops or dried fruit
- Form dough balls or any shape you wish and than with a pastry brush, brush over milk to glaze the buns
- Bake for 45-50mins, checking them as you go.
- The smell is something else!!
CALORIES PER BUN = 121 calories