Need some new ideas for a new year? Don’t sweat it we have you covered.
BROWN RICE & PESTO SALAD
- 400g Brown Rice (It can be the 90sec rice from Sunrice!)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 80g of Cranberries
- 2tbs of kale pesto (see recipe in previous posts)
- Cool the rice and add it to a large mixing bowl
- Straight away add the pesto, spinach leaves and cranberries while it is still warm
- For meal prep I usually add chicken breast to it and have this salad cold, it is one of my favourite things to eat! No dressings needed or added avocado and for women fats can usually be our higher consuming macronutrient. So this is a great salad to keep the fat intake minimal.
CALORIES PER SERVE = 264
MARINATED CHICKEN BREAST
- 500g chicken breast
- 1tsp honey
- 1 pinch of garlic
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 3tbs tamari sauce
- Marinate the chicken breast for a good 1-2hrs.
- I like cooking chicken breast on the BBQ or in a fry pan is fine too.
- Add to the salad above and remember depending on your macronutrients as to how much chicken you will need per serve. Some of you may need more some may need less.
CALORIES PER SERVE = 123