When you need something different this summer, something a little more exciting!! Then this is your meal.
- 2 x 250g sirloin sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 3 red bird’s eye chillies, 2 finely chopped, 1 finely sliced
- 4 Little Gem lettuces
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut into ribbons using a peeler
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ tbsp mixed sesame seeds
- Remove the steak from the fridge 1 hr before you’re ready to cook to bring it up to room temperature. Just before cooking, make the salad dressing by whisking together the ginger, garlic, lime juice, oil, soy and chopped chillies in a bowl.
- Put the steaks on the barbecue and cook on one side for 3 mins, then turn and cook for 3 mins on the other side for medium rare. Alternatively, fry your steaks in a frying pan or griddle pan for 3 mins each side. After cooking, cover and rest the meat for 5 mins.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, radishes, carrot, cucumber, spring onion and avocado on a sharing plate. Slice the steak against the grain into thin slices and lay on top of the salad. Drizzle over any resting juices and the dressing. Garnish with the sesame seeds and the sliced red chilli.