These fritters can be made with different proteins included however I love adding bacon to them, yum!
- 500g zucchini
- 100g diced bacon
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 bunch mint chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- a good pinch sea salt
- a generous grind of black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 organic eggs
- ½ cup almond meal or rice flour to help lower the fat content
- Dice the bacon and fry it off in a non-stick fry pan. Place on a paper towel once cooked to drain the fat.
- Grate the zucchini and place into a colander.
- Sprinkle with a just little sea salt and mix through.
- Sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the moisture from the zucchini with your hands – I like to grab handfuls and squeeze out as much liquid as I can.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add parsley, mint, peas, spring onion, pepper, lemon zest, eggs and your choice of flour.
- Mix well until combined. At this stage, it’s good to test cook a fritter to make sure it holds together well. Add a touch more almond meal or rice flour if needed.
- Cook fritters in the same pan you used for the bacon, over a medium heat in a little olive oil or coconut oil for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve and Enjoy. These fritters are great for meal prep and to jazz them up you could also add salmon as an alternative protein. Or serve them with a protein like chicken or beef.