Looking for a healthy ANZAC alternative? This recipe is just what you need.
Makes 16 cookies
- 200 g roasted peanut butter or almond butter
- 150 g fresh dates, pitted
- 250 g or 2 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
- 50 g or 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 1-2 tablespoons ‘Botanika Blends’ protein powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1-2 tablespoons of water to mix if needed
- 35 g or 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Combine nut butter, dates, oats, coconut, protein, sea salt, cinnamon, and vanilla into a food processor
- Mix until combined and until your mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a few tablespoons of water and mix again so that the cookies combine and stick together when pressed.
- Form into cookies using a small ice-cream scoop or spoon, flatten a little with a fork.
- Garnish pumpkin seeds over the top (I like to pan fry them first).
- Set in the fridge for at least 1 hour before eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.