Need a new perspective on take out food? Try our new pad thai recipe that will impress your co workers and turn them green with envy!
- I tbs sesame seed oil
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced and seeded
- 3 spring onions
- 1.5 cup of thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 red capsicum, cored and thinly sliced length way
- 2 tbs coconut aminos or tamarind sauce, loving earth have a great version of coconut aminos
- 4 large carrots, peeled and ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- 6 collard greens, I used chard. Stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger optional
- 1/2 grated turmeric optional
FOR SERVING: Add fresh coriander, crushed peanuts, red pepper flakes
This sauce is to die for!
- 2.5 tbs nut butter, I used smooth peanut butter DUH!
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 3.5 tbs coconut aminos or tamari
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1.5 tbs maple syrup
PROTEIN SOURCES Optional
- 150g tofu
- 150g grilled steak
- 150g poached chicken breast
Make salad as usual. for the sauce blend in a food processor to combine but there is no need to store it in the fridge if you are going to eat this salad straight away. The sauce get set quite well when cold. So if you are meal prepping this salad and taking it to work just remember to get the sauce out of the fridge before you eat it so it loosens a little for an easy pour! Enjoy! This salad is fantastic for fibre & with all the greens and anti oxidants in it, it is also great for glowing skin!