This beautiful recipe was so easy to make and everyone loved them, they didn’t last long. Even my 2 and 5 year old niece and nephew thought they were pretty awesome! Which in my books is a win. Have a go and let me know what you think of these delightful treats.
For the cookie
- 1 cup (115g) gluten-free flour – I used coconut flour
- ¾ cup (135g) gluten-free plain flour
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3tbs almond milk
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) coconut oil, melted
For the cranberry cashew cream
- 1 cup (145g) cashews – preferably soaked in water for 4 hours
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp milk of choice
To make the cookies
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted)/ 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut flour, GF flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Pour in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, orange juice and milk. Mix to combine.
- Wrap up the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place dough on a lightly floured worktop. Roll out to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Use a round shaped (or any shape!) cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Arrange on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes. I like mine super crunchy so I left mine in for 20 minutes. Bear in mind the baking time will also depend on the size of your cookies.
- Leave to cool completely.
To make the cranberry cream
- Blend all the ingredients in your food processor until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to make it easier to work with
- Melted dark chocolate – I used a loving earth chocolate
- 2tbs coconut oil
- Melt in a glass bowl over boiling water.
Assembling the cookies
- Spread a layer of the cranberry cream on one of the cookies and top with another. Smooth the edges out with a knife.
- Chill in the fridge again to allow the cream to harden.
- Then dip them into your melted chocolate
- These delicious treats are vegan & gluten free! MACROS CARBS 52g, FATS 28g, PRO 15g