These amazingly decadant bounty bars are so easy and a little bit of a crowd pleaser!! However I do suggest letting them set in the fridge rather than the freezer because when you cut them into bars after the freezer they will break. So I would set them in the fridge or let them sit for 15mins before cutting them. Follow the recipe below and you will have your friends “woo-ing” and “ah-ing”.
1 scoop of vanilla/coconut protein powder (I used 180 protein powder)
1tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup almonds or almond mea
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp honey
70g raw chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil
- Add the almonds into a food processor – I used a Ninja Kitchen for this- and blitz until they’re finely ground.
- Add in the coconut, honey, protein and coconut oil and blend together until everything is well combined and sticks when pressed together with your hands.
- Pour this into a container and firmly smooth the mixture down to create a smooth surface. Pop them into the freezer for an hour to chill.
- Once the bars are nice and set, slice into piece and set aside.
- gently melt the chocolate with the coconut oil and drizzle over each of the coconut bars. Place them back into the freezer for half an hour, or until the chocolate has solidified then tuck in!